My thanks to Redcliffe College for providing me with a copy of this book to scan. This title is in the public domain.
Anonymous, The Life and Explorations of David Livingstone, LL.D. Compiled from Reliable Sources. London: Adam & Company, . Hbk. pp.324.[Click to download complete book in PDF]
- Early years-Education-Arrival at Cape Town as a Missionary
- Arrives at Kuruman-Visits the Bechuana Tribes – Resolves to settle among the Bakwains – Marriage-Journeys to the Zouga River – The Bakwains attacked by the Boers
- The Kalahari Desert – Discovers Lake Ngami – Visits Sebituane – Death of Sebituane – Discovers the Zambesi
- Attack on Kolobeng by the Boers – Starts on his Great Journey
- Preparations for Departure – Ascends the Leeambye and the Leeba – Abundance of Animal Life – Two Female Chiefs – Visits Shinte
- Visits Katema’s Town – Is hospitably entertained – Lake Dilolo – Crosses the Quango, Cassaque – Arrival at Loanda
- Stay at Loanda – Starts on Return Journey – Dr. Livingstone again attacked with Fever – The Makololo suffer from Sickness – Descent of the Leeba and Leeambye – Arrival at Linyant
- Starts for the East Coast – The Victoria Falls – The Batoka Tribes – Reaches Zumbo, a deserted Portuguese Settlement
- Arrives in England – Enthusiastic Reception – Departs again for the Zambesi – Arrives at the Kongone Mouth of that River – Passes up the Zambesi
- Ascends the Shire – Friendly Natives – Discovers Lake Shirwa – Contact with Slave-hunters
- Starts for Linyanti – Cutting up an Elephant – The “Go-Naked” Tribe – The Victoria Falls – Finds Sekeletu ill
- Descends the Zambesi – Arrival of Bishop Mackenzie – Liberates a Band of Slaves – Death of Bishop Mackenzie-Arrival and Death of Mrs. Livingstone
- Dreadful Results of a Slave Raid – Dr. Livingstone recalled – Journey of Exploration beyond Lake Nyassa – Starts for Home – Arrival in England
- Starts a Third Time for Africa – His reported Murder – Expedition sent in search of him – Letters from himself – Again lost to view – Mr. H. M. Stanley finds him at Ujiji
- Dr. Livingstone as found by Mr. Stanley – Expedition to North End of Lake Tanganyika – Dr. Livingstone accompanies Mr. Stanley to Unyanyembe – Mr. Stanley’s Arrival in England – Sketch of his Life
- Letters of Dr. Livingstone – Incidents of Travel – The Slave Trade in Central Africa – Geographical Conclusions, etc.
- Sir Bartle Frere’s Mission – Expeditions sent to assist Dr. Livingstone – His Death – Some Account of his Family, etc.
- Account of Last Illness and Death of Dr. Livingstone – Public Funeral in Westminster Abbey, etc.