Today’s free book is a biography of Charles Andrew Gollmer, who worked with the Church Missionary Society in Yorubaland (modern-day Nigeria, Togo and Benin). My thanks to Book Aid for making a copy of this public domain book available for digitisation.
[C.H.V. Gollmer], Charles Andrew Gollmer: His Life and Missionary Labours in West Africa. London: Hodder & Stoughton, 1889. Hbk. pp.220. [Click here to visit the download page for this title]
- Early Days and Call to Missionary Work
- Commencement of the Yoruba Mission
- Special Difficulties
- Brighter Days
- More Troubles
- Occupation of Lagos
- In Perils Oft
- Funeral Obsequies of the King
- Stories at Sea and on Land
- Branching Out
- Abeokuta, A Centre for Work
- Missionary Journeys
- Heathen Opposition
- Further Progress
- Last Days in africa
- Appendix A: Paper on African Symbolic Messages, by C.A.G.
- Appendix B: Memorial to the Arhcbishop of Canterbury on the Subject of Polygamy
- Appendix C: Memorial to the Bishop on the Divisions of the Diocese
Main Image: The First Church at Lagos, p.101.