This book is a collection of addresses made at Hudson Taylor’s Memorial service at the Conference Hall in Mildmay, London in 1905. He was a man who touched thousands of lives for Christ, and this is reflected in the reminiscences of those who knew him well.
Marshall Broomhall [1866-1937], ed., In Memoriam: Rev. J. Hudson Taylor M.R.C.S. Beloved Founder and Director of the China Inland Mission. London: China Inland Mission, 1905. Hbk. pp.104. [Click to download complete book in PDF]
- In Memoriam – Poem. By Dr. A.T. Pierson
- Reminiscences. By B. Broomhall
- Memorial Service: Programme
- Memorial Service: Representatives
- Address. By Theodore Howard, Esq.
- Address. By J.E. Mathieson, Esq.
- Address. By Eugene Stock, Esq.
- Address. By Rev. John Sharp
- Address. By Rev. R. Wardlaw Thompson
- Address. By Dr. Harry Guiness
- Address. By W.B. Sloan, Esq.
- Tribute. By Dr. Arthur T. Pierson
- Letters: Personal and Official
- Press Notices
To many thousands of persons the news of Mr. Hudson Taylor’s Home-call has come as a personal sorrow. As a leader and teacher, one of the most prominent features in his life has been the power to create a bond of esteem and affection between himself and others. His loyalty to God and to His cause, together with the largeness of his sympathies, have gained for him a large circle of friends among the choicest of God’s people all over the world.
In the belief that to many of these a small “In Memoriam” volume would be welcome, this little book has been compiled. [Continue reading]